11.26.2010

Little plates, little plates.

It's the season for being home, staying in, and cuddling up to cozy things. Nesting, we call it; the phenomenon that comes when summer ends, bikes get put away and the fire place once again becomes the center of the home.  It's the season for holiday celebrations with family, eating well, and eating plenty.
I love designing and making handbags, but as an architect I have a soft spot for anything home related. And about a month ago I realized the shift in my customers from wanting bags to wanting things to make their nesting time more beautiful. They are no longer wanting to buy hip bags and totes that remind them of how far away next summer is, but instead are searching for pillows and linens in tactile fabrics and warm colors. And so I happily shifted my focus to the HOME COLLECTION. There are pillows and linen napkins. But the latest addition is my favorite, adorable 5" dessert plates, hand painted some with dots others with branches! They are perfect for winter parties and make any food feel extra special. Which color is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails