12.01.2011

Vintage Army Blanket-Transformed

It all started with this gorgeous vintage wool army blanket. I found it at a local Salvation Army, deep in a bin filled with odds and ends. The smell of mothballs was so overwhelming I almost stopped looking. But, then, there at the bottom, I saw a sliver of gray/green and perfect triple stipe. I was in love and in a few minutes it was mine. Mothball smell be damned, I was taking this amazing piece of fabric back to the studio.
 I started cutting, stepping away, looking, and cutting some more and pretty soon I knew what it was going to become.
It was the perfect material for an oversized pillow featuring hand painted stencil. 42 21 71 5...can you guess what the numbers mean?
Find the Vintage Army Pillows at Room 68!

But the large pillow was just the beginning. This sturdy material also transformed into a few small lumbar pillows and a tote. I'd love this bag for storing hats and gloves in an entry, or blankets in the living room!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I can guess what the numbers mean... whats the prize? It means I am in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, thanks for playing!...a prize perhaps would be in order, but I don't know who you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea. Can u tell us? Please......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails