12.03.2009

hidden.talents.4

Hidden Talents was a success, and so much fun. Today I got a taste of what it's like to be in control of every aspect of the design process and how fulfilling it is.
I received rave reviews on my work. The general commentary was that everything was very unusual, unique and beautiful. Exactly what I'm trying to do. It's rewarding to have your hard work be met with praise and especially when it is being given by other designers.
I was also told that my work is somewhat masculine.  I would agree with that. (Although I don't think the Ruffle Pillow qualified for that category) The clean lines, simple geometries and neutral colors are what, I think, contribute to this. It also has a lot to do with the fabrics I use which are typically used for suits, or overcoats.
Here are a few images of my "booth". I kept it clean, simple and neutral.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails