8.17.2011

On the horizon...


I took this photo a few weeks ago at Jamaica Pond by where I live. The scene struck me as odd. There it was a disembodied branch hanging from fishing line. I pulled out my iPhone and snapped this photo not wanting to forget the strangeness of the encounter.
Today, resolved to sit and write, and not having a clue what to write about, (I haven't written a word here for months) that strange image popped into my mind.
So, today I'm writing about the future, or better yet, what is on the horizon for me and MAKE.GOOD studio. I like to think of myself as that branch hanging in mid air waiting to plunge into the pool of water below me. It's a half-frightening, half-invigorating thought. Like when you were a kid and you wanted to jump in the pool but the knowledge of how cold that water would feel on your skin upon impact kept you at bay for what seemed like a lifetime. Until, that is, you went for it. It was just a moment of pain, the rest was all bliss!
I'm not entirely sure what the horizon holds just yet, but I'm ready to take the plunge!
I want to know, what one thing have you been waiting to take the plunge on...?


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails