10.25.2012

Drawing in the evenings

My easel has stood dormant for some time. A few years back I painted, often. But lately with all that's been going on at M.G studio I'm left with no time for that. But lately I've been feeling the itch.  I still need to carve out a corner of space in the house that feels like it's just for working on paintings or drawings. But until then, here's what's in the works.
I had an abandoned piece of cardboard lying around and thought, well, I can draw on that. So I did, with charcoal. It's still a work in progress, but I'm loving how it's just a manifestation of whatever comes to mind, unplanned. No surprise it has it's roots in architectural drawing.
The plan is to, every night, after dinner head to the easel for a couple of hours of work. It feels so luxurious to be able to take that time just for myself. Starting is the hard part, and that parts done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails