1.11.2010

yes.handbags.2

It all started with a handbag.
A couple of years ago I started making clutches for girlfriends and girlfriends of girlfriends. It started with a happy accident. A stencil, a little paint on fabric, some interesting color combinations, a few stitches and voila, the MALA handbag was born!  Soon the orders were coming in. It was all about word of mouth and having the product out there. My girlfriends wore their MALA bags around town, people asked, and there you go.
I still make the occasional clutch. I have even ventured into new designs, to varying degrees of success.
This weekend the need to make another clutch was "clutching" at me. So I gave in and created this beauty. I challenged myself to a new technique and shape. I uses a "raw" fabric edge and a square shape.
So here it is! Tell me what you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails