7.12.2012

IN SEARCH OF: Light Summer Lunch

Summer afternoons are for long, lazy naps, reading a book, and snacking. I tend to eat smaller meals in the summer, so at mid day my stomach usually signals it's time to grab a bite to eat. My go to summer food is a simple Caprese Salad (Insalata Caprese if your going for the real thing). I like mine as simple as can be. Just slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and alternate on a plate with freshly picked basil. Drizzle with the best Olive Oil you can find. This one transports me to Napa every time I take a bite.
Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper. The trick to this salad is using a good hearty sea salt. The crunch adds a nice texture and the bites of salt really wake up your taste buds.
Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails