11.27.2009

hidden.talents

The amazing textile mecca that is Maharam holds an event every year to showcase the Hidden Talents of architect and designers in the Boston area. I was asked to participate this year and will have a "booth" where my work will sit for all to see and hopefully buy.
It is such an exciting opportunity and I have been working hard to make items that are both beautiful and functional.


One of the items I will be showcase is a hand stenciled and sewn table runner. I made this delicate grass stencil for a clutch and it seems to work well as a table runner. The fabric is an oatmeal linen my mom gave me years ago. It was one among many in her stack of beautiful fabrics from the days she made coats for Talbots. My mom taught me most of what I know about design. She has a great eye and I like to think that I inherited that from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails