11.05.2009

sketching.memory

Yesterday on my inspiration walk I found myself drawn to how rooftops meet sky. The outline of house, chimney, peak cut into a field of blue and sit as a solid in the void of the sky.I have always been fascinated by this relationship.
Most of the time I walk around and everything above eye level goes unnoticed. This is probably true for a lot of people who live in cities. But a slight tilt of the head and there it is, the beautiful edge of how buildings meet blue canvas.

I have done painting of this condition and continue to explore it in different ways. These sketches are another one of those explorations. I did them while sitting on the train, one hand propping up my sketchbook. To the fascination of the woman sitting next to me, I drew what I remembered...

And the way you remember it is never how it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails