11.07.2009

sketching.memory.2

I'm taking the next step with the sketching exercise from the other day. I'm calling this the Happy Village print.
The plan is to turn the sketch into two positives to be screen printed. The image shows the two separated layers drawn with india ink on acetate.


My obsession with text continues. The letters are vinyl stick on and repeat the words
"HAPPY VILLAGE HAPPY HOME".
At this stage I only have one row of text, but am considering filling the entire area above the image with the repeating words. That sounds like a lot of work, and me and tweezers don't always get along so well.
I think it's time for a break, clear my head,  and decide later. Some food may help with the shaky hand and those tweezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails