11.10.2009

sketching.memory.3

On a cloudy day like today, I daydream about the endless blue skies of summers spent in Portugal.
As a young girl, I was lucky enough to spend most of my summers at my family's home in coastal Portugal. You see, my parents, my brother and I immigrated to the USA when I was just 4 years old. A life changing experience, it is one that, none the less, offered me the unique perspective of belonging to two countries. It also meant vacationing in Portugal for two months in the summers!
I love the beached, and the beautiful colors of Portugal. I still vacation there as often as I can, but when I can't be there in form, I go there in my mind.

This is what you see out the window of the second floor dining room of our little house.
The blue sky is just fading away as the day wears on...
                            

...and this is what I see when I dream. (Acrylic on canvas painting from memory)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails